I just got done updating my blog for my class. It's such a great tool. I hope everyone utilizes it. So anyway...We have been racking our brains on ways to get Dad to wherever everyone else is. I think that wherever it is will be problematic, unless it happens in a winter month. And winter months could be problematic for any traveler. He has to have a really good reason and it has to be his idea. You guys know how dad is. Anyway, I was also thinking that having a reunion in Goldendale would be fun. It's close to The Dalles. Wouldn't it be fun for all of us to go to church in G-dale? Maybe we could rent our old house for a few nights. We were in G-dale a couple weeks ago on our way back from Yakima. It was fun to see all the old-timers. I asked Sister McCardell if I could sit on her lap because that's what I used to do when I was younger. We also went out to the old place. It was really overgrown, but still looked like the same old place. Anyway, just offering more ideas. Brainstorming is still open, right? Also, I've been trying to imagine a celebration of 50 years of matrimony for my parents without my kids, and I can't do it. Perhaps, an alternative would be to have someone (with lots of help) watch all the kids while the adults go on a dinner date (or something) whilst we're at the shindig. Just an idea, because I like ideas. So, are the dates listed on the poll the only dates, or are there other options, because I really liked Chris's August dates? Hey, I'm just wondering. Can't wait to hear everyone's ideas and opinions. It's a good thing we're starting this so early. Take care everyone.
Love Monte
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the pictures of the Homestead! Thanks monte for the fun post. As far as dates go please add more to the mix if needed. We really can't do the first week of August since school starts that week. We don't want them to miss the first few days of getting adjusted in new classes. Any other time during the school year is great for us though and it's true winter or late fall might be better for Merle!
ReplyDelete